Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from my mother-in-law. She got the recipe from a friend and we have it quite often. It is great served over rice with a nice green vegetable. When I serve it people always ask for seconds (and some for third helpings!).
- 2 lbs cooked crabmeat
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons good quality sherry wine
- 1 (4 ounce) package Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Melt stick of butter over low heat, add flour and stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk and return to heat.
- Cook stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Stir in cheese whiz and sherry and remove from heat.
- Fold in crab and shrimp and pour into buttered casserole dish.
- Crush the crackers and stir into the 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- Sprinkle the buttered cracker crumbs over the top of the casserole and sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crumbs are lightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
- Note: 3 1/2 lbs raw shrimp= 2 lbs cooked shrimp.
- Also you can make this ahead of time and freeze minus the cracker topping until ready to use and thaw completely before baking.
- Because it makes such a large amount you can also divide in half and use one now and freeze the other dish.
My freind made this for us one weekend. It is awesome! Seconds are a must. Easy to make and the guys love it! With a salad and rolls-perfect dinner!