Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
On our honeymoon, the Bed and Breakfast we stayed at in Hyannis Port, Cape Cod served this Crab Scramble one morning. When we left, I was so delighted the Innkeeper gave us her recipe card for this lovely dish.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 9 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed small
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained (the original recipe called for 1 can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to preference)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 11x7 baking dish.
- Beat eggs and milk together in medium bowl.
- Mix in cubed cream cheese and crabmeat.
- Pour into baking dish with melted butter.
- Sprinkle chopped dill over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let set for 5 minutes.
- To serve, cut into squares.
This is sort of a scramble/souffle. Very rich and creamy; easy to put together. It would be a great holiday brunch dish for a crowd. Thanks, Doc's Mom.