Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Connecticut Cooks.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped, PLUS some to sprinkle on pasta if you like
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 13 ounces canned crabmeat, drained, picked over
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- parmesan cheese
- Saute garlic, onion and parsley in hot oil gently.
- Combine tomato paste with water, a little at a time, until smooth and add to pan.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add crab and sherry, simmering for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with favorite pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and more parsley.