Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe a few years ago in the newspaper... I absolutely adore it. It is simple and fresh and sure to impress your guests!
- 3 cups orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme, fresh, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, fresh, minced
- 4 tablespoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 2 lbs crabmeat, jumbo lump, shells removed
- 1 lb spinach, fresh, washed, baby
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 orange, peeled, segmented
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- Place a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat. Add the orange uice and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to cool.
- Once the orange juice reduction is cool, place in a medium mixing bowl with champagne vinegar, olive oil, basil, thyme, and garlic.
- Whisk together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the spinach, toasted walnuts and red onion.
- Place the crab meat in the center of the spinach salad.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette around and lightly over the salad and serve.
Hollyfrolly has made this salad for me personally. FANTASTIC! Highly recommend.