Recipe by tinala
A long time ago you used to be able to get a crab salad at the grocery store that had a vinegar base...not the thick mayo base that you find now. I started making this years ago after many frustrating attempts to find it commercially. It is so good for parties. You can serve this with anything, tortillas, bread, crackers, etc.. Enjoy!
- 4 cups crabmeat, diced (the fake kind or real if you like)
- 1 cup minced green onion
- 2 cups minced celery
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crab, onions, and celery in a big serving bowl.
- Blend the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper together with a whisk until well mixed.
- Pour liquid mixture over crab mix and place in the refridgerator for at least 4 hours.
- This salad gets better the longer it sits. Serve with you choice of dipping items, crackers, bread, etc., or serve as a salad on a bed of lettuce as a meal or first course.