The kids told me this was definitely a "keeper" of a recipe. The hard-boiled egg really adds some depth to the flavor. Add your own flavorites to accommodate your family's tastebuds.
- 1 (16 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or two packets sugar substitute)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled
- 1⁄2 head lettuce (or spinach, Swiss chard, greens combined)
- 10 flour tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, snip crab meat into fine pieces. Dice celery, mince onion, and add to crab. Stir and set aside.
- Mash cream cheese, then add sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and sugar, mixing until creamy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture to crab & veggies, mixing well. Set aside.
- Using a pastry blender (or a fork), chop the eggs until crumbly-looking; set aside.
- Shred the lettuce and set aside.
- PUT IT TOGETHER: Spread about a 1/4-cup of crab mixture in a thin layer over a tortilla. Sprinkle with eggs and lettuce. Roll tortilla up very tightly.
- LUNCH or PICNIC: Wrap each tortilla tightly in a slice of waxed-paper. Unwrap or cut in half and keep it neat!
- PLANNED OVERS: Mix remaining crab, lettuce and egg, and have it for lunch the next day!
- CHANGE OVERS: Add some French or Western dressing and a dab of horseradish with the mayonnaise to create more of a seafood saucey flavor. Yummmy! OR dip wrap in this! Even better!
- Plan for two wraps per person, with "leftovers" being chilled and served for lunch the next day (or a late night snack?).