Prep 30 mins
Cook 11 mins
The kids told me this was definitely a "keeper" of a recipe. The hard-boiled egg really adds some depth to the flavor. Add your own flavorites to accommodate your family's tastebuds.
- 1 (16 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or two packets sugar substitute)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, cooled
- 1⁄2 head lettuce (or spinach, Swiss chard, greens combined)
- 10 flour tortillas
- In a mixing bowl, snip crab meat into fine pieces. Dice celery, mince onion, and add to crab. Stir and set aside.
- Mash cream cheese, then add sour cream, mayo, lemon juice and sugar, mixing until creamy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture to crab & veggies, mixing well. Set aside.
- Using a pastry blender (or a fork), chop the eggs until crumbly-looking; set aside.
- Shred the lettuce and set aside.
- PUT IT TOGETHER: Spread about a 1/4-cup of crab mixture in a thin layer over a tortilla. Sprinkle with eggs and lettuce. Roll tortilla up very tightly.
- LUNCH or PICNIC: Wrap each tortilla tightly in a slice of waxed-paper. Unwrap or cut in half and keep it neat!
- PLANNED OVERS: Mix remaining crab, lettuce and egg, and have it for lunch the next day!
- CHANGE OVERS: Add some French or Western dressing and a dab of horseradish with the mayonnaise to create more of a seafood saucey flavor. Yummmy! OR dip wrap in this! Even better!
- Plan for two wraps per person, with "leftovers" being chilled and served for lunch the next day (or a late night snack?).
I made up my own recipe a few years ago which was the same except for the cream cheese. This makes a huge difference. I also use Miracle Whip. I only use it for when I make crab salad. (I do not like it in anything else) It's sweet, less calories, and I don't need to add the sugar. This is now my new recipe. Thanks
OMG!!!!! i just got done mixing this up, havent even made the wraps yet but i couldnt resist a taste. I also did not add the sugar and it tastes wonderful!!! i havent chopped up the eggs yet and dont think i would use them in the future but i will use them now, im sure they would taste wonderful with or without:) i would probly even serve the mixture as a dip for veggies or crackers because there is soooo much. Thanks for a great mouth watering recipe..a zillion stars
I don't think this tasted at all like Subway's seafood salad but it was very good nonetheless. I mixed everything together to take to a potluck lunch and the 'sauce' part of it was overpowering; there was just too much of it for my taste. Next time I make this, I think I'll cut the sour cream/cream cheese/mayo mixture in half and see what happens. I also didn't really look at my package of seafood so it could have been a smaller package than what was called for. Thanks for a great recipe!