Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had something like this at one of our favorite restaurants and decided to just make it instead of crave it. They make a pretty presentation for a luncheon or dinner party. You can even hollow out a tomato.
- 5 large ripe avocados
- 1 lb lump crabmeat or 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped up
- 1 cup baby shrimp
- 3 chopped celery ribs
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, chopped (or if you prefer 1/2 c spring onions)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2⁄3-1 cup Miracle Whip or 2⁄3-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- Make sure your seafood is well drained of liquid.
- Mix all ingredients except avocados.
- Meanwhile, cut avocados in 1/2 and remove pit.
- If you would like more salad than avocado use a spoon and carefully remove part of the center of the avocado.
- Sprinkle all avocado halves with additional lemon juice to help prevent browning.
- Just before serving use an ice cream or cookie scoop to fill avocados, and serve.