I had something like this at one of our favorite restaurants and decided to just make it instead of crave it. They make a pretty presentation for a luncheon or dinner party. You can even hollow out a tomato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large ripe avocados
- 1 lb lump crabmeat or 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped up
- 1 cup baby shrimp
- 3 chopped celery ribs
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped (or if you prefer 1/2 c spring onions)
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2/3-1 cup Miracle Whip or 2/3-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1Make sure your seafood is well drained of liquid.
- 2Mix all ingredients except avocados.
- 4Meanwhile, cut avocados in 1/2 and remove pit.
- 5If you would like more salad than avocado use a spoon and carefully remove part of the center of the avocado.
- 6Sprinkle all avocado halves with additional lemon juice to help prevent browning.
- 7Just before serving use an ice cream or cookie scoop to fill avocados, and serve.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Salad Stuffed Avocados
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.2
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 379.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: