Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy treat for lunch, can also be an elegant sandwich for social brunches.
- 1 package imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 4 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices of toasted bread
- Mix first seven ingredients.
- Lay one lettuce leaf each on four pieces of toast.
- Scoop filling on top of lettuce and place other piece of toast on top.
- Slice sandwich in the middle and serve.
This is quite good, but for me it had too much of the Zesty Italian dressing. Next time, I will cut it back to 2 tbsp. I loaded up some fresh onion buns with the crab filling and the colour was quite gorgeous with the red pepper and the dark lettuce leaves. Thx Dannygirl for the simple recipe.
Haven't tried this yet...can't help but wonder if it might be even better with real fresh crab, or even canned crab meat..or even prawns or chunks of fresh lobster tail, or even canned lobster. It sounds wonderful. Messy usually means tasty in my book. Sorry. i might try it with canned crab & with a lobster tail or some prawns. I'll report back. ;-)