Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
No this doesn't use real crabmeat but we think it is delicious nonetheless.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise (1 lb.)
- Add the crabmeat, mayonnaise, green onions, and celery to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add the cheese, and salt/pepper to taste; stir to combine.
- Spread the crab mixture over the bottom of the bread; replace top of bread.
- Wrap sandwich in a big piece of heavy foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Fast and tasty sandwich with a special taste. DH loved it. I added about 1 tsp of Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. And it made a ton of filling. I did not end up putting all of it on my loaf of french bread.
Great recipe! Did mine open faced under the broiler and loved it! Thanks so much for sharing!
I made this for my weekly salad club at work. I made this with one pound of imitation crap and also one lb of baby shrimp. I doubled all the ingredients since I was doubling the meat. I also added 2 cups of finely shredded cheddar (that is what I had on hand), but the cheese gave it some color. I severed this very cold on croissants and it was very good. I will make this part of my rotation. Thank you for sharing your recipe.