Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crab Salad with parmesan cheese and mayo. Great summertime sandwich!
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat or 1 (8 ounce) packagefresh crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced very fine
- 2 tablespoons pimientos or 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Chop crab into small pieces if necessary.
- Combine all ingredients, mix well.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Serve on croissants with lettuce leaves.
This is an excellent summer salad!! I used this at work for a large group. Everyone raved about this easy recipe!!
I used real crab meat. I left out the pimientos. Next time I'll leave out the parmesan. All I had was the canned stuff and it gave a sawdust texture. Blech. Fresh grated will probably be much better. I also added just a dash of Old Bay seasoning. I think I might like some minced Vidalia onion better than the green onion. This recipe is a good jumping off point for experimentation. I used the salad for sandwiches. Very light and refreshing. Thank you Denise!
i make a similar recipe and add grated swiss cheese to it.