Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe originally called for fresh pasta sheets. I'm too scared to make fresh pasta so I substituted lasagna noodles. Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 1 cup mayonnaise, plus extra for pasta squares
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, chopped (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus extra for garnish
- 3 cups lump crabmeat
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lemon, zest of, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
- Once water is boiling, add salt and pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and cool under cold running water.
- Cut each sheet into 4-inch squares. (Each Napoleon will require 3 (4-inch) squares).
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the chives, lemon juice, pepper, crab and peas. Toss to combine.
- To assemble the Napoleons, begin with 1 square of pasta on a plate.
- Spread a small spoonful of mayonnaise on the pasta sheet.
- Top with 1/4 cup of the crab salad and gently spread the salad out to the edges of the pasta.
- Top with another square of pasta.
- Spread another spoonful of mayonnaise on the pasta.
- Top with another 1/4 cup of the crab salad and gently spread the salad out to the edges of the pasta sheet.
- Top with a final pasta square.
- Top with a small dollop of the crab salad.
- Sprinkle the top with a pinch of lemon zest, a pinch of chives and a grind of black pepper.