Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great little bite before a dinner party. Crab salad can be made a day before.
- cooking spray
- 18 wonton wrappers (thawed if frozen)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray 2 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Brush the wanton wrappers with oil, and place each wrapper into a section of a mini-muffin tin.
- Gently press each wrapper into the tin and arrange so that it forms a cup shape. The wrapper will overlap itself and stick up out of the cup.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until browned and crisp. Remove from the tin and allow wrappers to cool.
- Meanwhile mix crab meat, Cajun seasoning, celery, mayonnaise and scallions.
- Spoon into the wanton cups, and then top them with scallions, or parsley.
As written we thought the filling was bland. I added another 1/4 cup of mayo, a full teaspoon of old bay (instead of cajun seasoning),1/2 teaspoon of celery seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper and then we thought they were really good. We tried them with the cups but thought they were a bit dry so used the filling to top townhouse toppers. We really liked them on the crackers. Made to eat during a football game and would make again with the changes indicated.