Recipe by JustJanS
A yummy crab salad that I found at fooddownunder.com originally.
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! I made this for a light dinner (Hubby and Little Miss (DD)) ate a red meat dish. I don't eat red meat, so I wanted to make something quick and tasty, this dish was perfect, I used can crab meat and kept to the recipe. This was fabulous, the flavours all blended well together, Thank you JustJanS for your contribution to the Australia and New Zealand Food Trail (C)
- 1⁄3 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup crabmeat
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved pitted, and peeled
- lime wedge, toserve
- Stir red onion, mayonnaise, coriander, 2 teaspoons lime juice, cumin and lime peel in medium bowl to blend. Mix in crabmeat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Brush avocado halves with remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice to prevent discoloration. Arrange avocado halves, cut-side up, on plates. Mound crab salad on each avocado half.
- Serve salad with lime wedges.