Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Posted in response to a recipe request using "fake" crab, ie. surimi. From a community cookbook: Celebrating the Centennial, Recipes from Friends, Staff and Volunteers of Huntington Memorial Hospital. Cooking time is minimum chilling time.
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 10 water chestnuts, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 -4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- lemon and herb seasoning mix
- Combine crabmeat, celery, chestnuts, olives, capers, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mayonnaise, and lemon and herb seasoning.
- Mix carefully until well blended.
- Refrigerate to chill and allow flavors to blend.
We thought these flavors mixed very well. This made a very tasty light Lenten lunch. Thanks for posting!
The combination of the flavors with crabmeat is very unusual. I do prefer a sweeter crab salad, but this was nice for a change. Thanks, ClareVH!
This was a really easy to make tasty lunch for me. In all honesty I forgot to put the olives in, they would ahve only made this better. The capers and lemon juice help to cut through the sweetness of the Krab. All in all, I would make it again.