Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad uses imitation crabmeat. It's healthy and fulfilling, great for lunch. You can add more veggies or replace them to suit your taste. I've substituted the carrots and cucumber with cooked frozen carrots and peas and also some corn with very good results.
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, crisped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and shaved into strips lengthwise with a vegetable peeler
- 1 -2 carrot, shaved into strips
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- salt and black pepper
- tostadas or halved pita bread, to serve
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over tostadas or as filling for pitas.