Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best crab salad I have ever tasted you'll love it to.
- 1 package imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup celery
- 2 cups macaroni, boiled and cooled
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Mix together the crab, onion, green peppers, celery.
- Mx in your cheese cubes and chilled boiled macaroni.
- cheese cubes are optional.
- To make the dressing mix together your mayo,milk,chili sauce,and lemon juice and mix them very well.
- Mix the dressing with the other mixed ingredients chill and serve cold as a main dish or a side dish.
this was a very good salad, the cheese should definately be in. the dressing was not too over powerful or greasy (i did use fat free mayo) very easy and simple to make. its definately a keeper in my recipe colection.
This was rated OK for our tastebuds.
I want to give this five stars because it was wildly popular at a school luncheon this week, several people asked for the recipe, and I'm currently chilling a batch for tonight's dinner. I have to give it four stars because I had to use ingredients on hand, meaning I didn't get the true flavor of the posted recipe. I remained true to everything but the celery, bell peppers and milk. I added extra chili sauce, lime juice and worchestersire to give it more of a Cajun red sauce flavor. I also added diced jicama. Delicioso!