Use fresh or tined crab for this recipe, and serve it with crusty bread for a lovely light lunch. May I suggest Butter lettuce leaves seem better for this recipe as it tends to hold the dressing better and compliment's the crab so well with it buttery flavour. Fantastic, served on a hot summer's day.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, use good quality
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon small caper, rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground white pepper, good generous pinch of
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 500 g cooked crab meat (fresh or tinned)
- 12 large butter lettuce leaves (or leaves of your choice)
- 4 slices tomatoes, halved (cherry tomatoes work well also)
- lemon, wedges to serve (optional)
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, oil, vinegar, mustard, capers, parsley, salt, pepper and spring onion; add the crab meat and fold gently to combine the ingredients well.
- Divide the lettuce leaves between 4 salad plates. Serve the crab mixture evenly among the plates and garnish with halved tomatoes. and lemon wedeges if using.
What a lovely lunch. So easy to prepare. Nice and fresh tastes. yum will be making this one again.