Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Courtesy of Central Market in Houston. They had just freshly made it in the store. I haven't made this yet, but with the holidays coming up (Yikes!), this sounded like something nice to serve at a gathering.
- 1 lb fresh cooked crabmeat, picked clean of the shell
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh cilantro, sprigged and chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, taking care not to break up the crab meat too much. Refrigerate until serving time.
- If you wanted to make this easier, you could use canned crab meat, roasted red bell pepper from a jar, etc.
- I usually remove the seeds from any hot pepper I'm using, as that is where the heat really lies, and I don't want it too hot for my kiddos.
- Cook time is chill time. I had to estimate on prep time because it depends on if you roast your own peppers or not.
Loved that crab salad, light and refreshing and NOT mayonnaise based! Didn't have cilantro, substituted parsley but added ground coriander to get that special flavor. Very nice, will make often! Made and reviewed for PAC Fall 2011