Different and delicious. Appetizer or entree.
Make and share this Crab Rockefeller Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -8 stuffing-sized mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 cup crabmeat or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Dry and brush tops with olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, but not browned.
- Add spinach and mix well.
- Add crabmeat, cream, and cheese.
- Mix to blend.
- Stuffed mushrooms to heaping.
- Put in lightly sprayed baking dish; bake at 375 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes or until juices release into dish; brown slightly until broiler, if needed.