Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This variation of oysters rockefeller makes a great crab appetizer.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, chopped and cleaned
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, buttered
- Preheat the oven to 375. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan, on medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until well blended.
- Add the spinach and crab into individual dishes (that will go into the oven) or a small casserole dish.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and bake for 15 minutes. Serve warm.