Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister gave me the idea for this recipe. I have enjoyed it ever since!
Make and share this Crab Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb coarsely-chopped imitation crabmeat (the spices in this dish will over power the delicate taste of real crab, but you can still use if yo)
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined and coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 lb baby shrimp
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) boxes Spanish rice mix (such as Rice-A-Roni)
- salt and pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning (don't substitute)
- olive oil
- Prepare Spanish rice mix per the package instructions omitting the tomatoes.
- While rice cooks, sauté onions and bell peppers in a small amount of olive oil until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add imitation crab, shrimp, and salad shrimp.
- Cook just until raw shrimp becomes opaque.
- Sprinkle mixture with half a teaspoon or so of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Combine cooked rice and seafood mixture.
- Add more Old Bay Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
I love this dish but I never knew how to make it because the person wanted to keep it to their self. Now I have it and make it on my own thank you for the recipe. I will be cooking this for my super bowl party in miami 2010
I took this dish to my brother's for Thanksgiving and believe me, there were no leftovers. Dinner is at my sister's for Christmas and the only thing I am required to bring is this dish. Kudos! MsV