from tastes of the pacific northwest by fred brach and tina bell. Use your own favorite ravioli dough recipe for this one. VERY rich recipe.
- Filling: soak bread crumbs in 2T of the cream. Mix the bread crumbs, crab, butter and remaining cream. Beat egg yolks and then beat into mixture. Salt to taste.
- Make sheets of pasta, placing dabs of the filling every three inches or so on the bottom sheet, spread a top sheet over and cut with a ravioli cutter or a sharp knife. Make the ravioli about 2 inches square.
- To a large pot of boiling water add ravioli a few at a time, return to boil, lower heatand simmer until pasta is just tender, about 10 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain.
- Lemon-Caper Butter: Melt butter over lowest heat. Add other ingredients and warm until just heated through.
- Divide raviioli among warm serving plates. Spoon on warm Lemon Caper Butter and serve immediately.
I made this last night with friends and we loved it. We made two other fillings, a spinich and a cheese, which were good but this is the one we loved. No leftovers. It is very rich, but worth it. The sauce is delicate, take care not to overheat it. Will definitely make this again.