Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easier and less messy than the traditional kind, also lower in fat. This recipe only makes 12 appetizers, but can be doubled easily. This is an Inn recipe I found on the web.
- 2 green onions
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut in chunks
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces grated cheddar cheese or 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, works well
- 2⁄3 cup crabmeat (Can vary the recipe with bay shrimp or chopped mushroom for the filling)
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (or something similar)
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray 12 small muffin cups.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and lightly brush each wonton pastry before pushing into muffin cups.
- Saute green onions.
- Melt cheeses and mayonnaise in pan.
- Add seasonings and lemon juice.
- Add filling (could be crab, shrimp, mushrooms) to heat only.
- Scoop into wonton cups.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until wontons are golden brown.
wow. thanks. these were perfect! served them at my last open house and they were devoured