Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Got this from Cuisine at Home site! These are GREAT!!! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Make and share this Crab Rangoon With Pineapple-Chile Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 lime, juice of (just the juice)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1⁄2 lime (just the juice)
- 1 cup crabmeat (4 oz.)
- 32 wonton skins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Simmer pineapple, 1/2 cup sugar, water, chili sauce, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until thickened, 5–8 minutes. Puree until smooth; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, cilantro, scallion, ginger, sugar, jalapeño, and lime juice in a bowl; gently fold in crab.
- Arrange wonton skins on a work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of crab mixture in center of each, then moisten edges with water. Fold to form a triangle, pressing to seal. Moisten the outer corners of the triangle, seal together to form a "hat," and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Heat oil to 350° in a pan over med.-high.
- Fry wontons in batches until golden on both sides, 2 - 3 minutes total. Drain on paper towels; serve with pineapple sauce. Fry remaining wontons in the same way.