Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this from Cuisine at Home site! These are GREAT!!! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Make and share this Crab Rangoon With Pineapple-Chile Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce
- 1 lime, juice of (just the juice)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons scallions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded, minced
- 1⁄2 lime (just the juice)
- 1 cup crabmeat (4 oz.)
- 32 wonton skins
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Simmer pineapple, 1/2 cup sugar, water, chili sauce, and lime juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until thickened, 5–8 minutes. Puree until smooth; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese, cilantro, scallion, ginger, sugar, jalapeño, and lime juice in a bowl; gently fold in crab.
- Arrange wonton skins on a work surface. Place 1 teaspoon of crab mixture in center of each, then moisten edges with water. Fold to form a triangle, pressing to seal. Moisten the outer corners of the triangle, seal together to form a "hat," and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Heat oil to 350° in a pan over med.-high.
- Fry wontons in batches until golden on both sides, 2 - 3 minutes total. Drain on paper towels; serve with pineapple sauce. Fry remaining wontons in the same way.
I used this recipe as a base for my rangoons and sauce and it was wonderful. This was my first foray into oriental cooking and the rangoons turned out better than any restaurant I've been too. I didn't used cilantro this time, but will try it on the next batch.
I wish I could rate this 10+ stars!!! This was the best crab rangoon recipe on recipezaar!! Don't cheat yourself by not making the pineapple-chile sauce, it is the star of the show! The crab rangoon came out flavorful and you'll be tempted to eat them without the sauce.....but save some for the sauce!!! I used imitation crab and it was FANTASTIC!!!! No way to put enough exclamation points on this review. Thank you Seahorse, for a real crowd pleaser.
This is a fantastic recipe! Super! Super! Super!