- 1⁄2 lb fresh crabmeat or 8 ounces crabmeat
- 1⁄2 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 egg, york beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 dozen wonton wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crabmeat, steak sauce, egg yolk, cream cheese, and garlic powder until it forms a paste-like consistency.
- Place rounded spoonful of mixture in center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges with a tiny bit of water, bring 4 corners of wrapper together and pinch to seal.
- Brush with egg yolk.
- Heat oil in a large, deep pan to 375°F.
- Deep fry the filled wontons until golden brown.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce or Chinese mustard.