Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is way better than what you get in the Chinese restaurant. So good, they disappear fast!!
Make and share this Crab Rangoon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesmall wonton wrappers
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or large heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 T. vegetable oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and onion, saute for 2 minutes. Watch the garlic, don't burn.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crab, cream cheese, and garlic and onions. Drop by 3/4 t. into the center of a wonton wrapper. Folf wrapper in half to make a triangle, and seal around the mixture by wetting your finger with cold water and pressing the ends together.
- In batches, fry in prepared oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
I made these for a luncheon for my 'babes' which included all chinese recipes. These were a big hit and everyone loved them. Only thing I did different was that I put in garlic powder instead of fresh garlic and used about 1/2 tsp. Would definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
My husband loves crab rangoon & I decided to make these last night. He ate them all. This was easy and delicious. I used green onion & I chose to not precook the onion & garlic. Great Recipe. Thanks.