Recipe by Kimberly D.
This is way better than what you get in the Chinese restaurant. So good, they disappear fast!!
Top Review by manushag
I made these for a luncheon for my 'babes' which included all chinese recipes. These were a big hit and everyone loved them. Only thing I did different was that I put in garlic powder instead of fresh garlic and used about 1/2 tsp. Would definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
- 1 quart oil (for frying)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesmall wonton wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or large heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 T. vegetable oil in skillet.
- Add garlic and onion, saute for 2 minutes. Watch the garlic, don't burn.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crab, cream cheese, and garlic and onions. Drop by 3/4 t. into the center of a wonton wrapper. Folf wrapper in half to make a triangle, and seal around the mixture by wetting your finger with cold water and pressing the ends together.
- In batches, fry in prepared oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.