1/2 Photos of Crab Quiche
I like this served room temperature but the choice is yours...=) A variation of a recipe from Yankee Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces crabmeat (I like to use fresh but canned will work, too ()
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, partially baked for 10 minutes at 375 f
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 cups grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Saute onion in butter until soft.
- 2Add crabmeat, stir until heated through.
- 3Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell with Parmesan Reggian cheese.
- 4Place crab and onion mixture in pie shell.
- 5Sprinkle with feta cheese and then top with grated Swiss cheese on top of the crabmeat mixture.
- 6Mix eggs, cream, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- 7Slowly pour mixture over ingredients in pie shell.
- 8Bake on the top rack of the oven at 375 degrees until done, about 25 minutes.
- 9Cool before slicing.
- 10Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.7
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 250.9 mg
- Sodium 839.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.2 g