Recipe by Marcie H
We live on the Oregon Coast and lots of fresh crab is the benefit. This is very tasty.
Top Review by JungleLove
I did make some changes, so it took me a while to decide if I should rate it, but I will because I owe the thanks for the base to you! I thought I had sour cream, but it had gone bad and I noticed after I had gone to the store, so I used about about 3/8 cup fat free mayo instead (I was worried about this but it was no issue). Because I used mayo I reduced the salt to 3/4 teaspoon. I used lump crab, 1 cup of cheddar (we never eat swiss), a quarter of a small sweet onion (I hate that you have to buy green onion as a small bush), and added about 1/2 bunch of blanched asparagus (for good measure). It was really Really REALLY good. If you substitute with mayo, I would use only 1/2 teaspoon salt. Ours wasn't too salty, but it could have been a little less salty. YUM!
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 chopped green onion
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, butter, flour, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in crab, cheese and onions, blending well, spread into prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.