Recipe by Stoblogger
Fix it and forget it for 45 minutes. I combined ideas from several recipes to create this somewhat lighter version of quiche for brunch, lunch, or dinner. Elegant, high in protein, high in flavor. Serves well as a main course or entire meal.
Top Review by shadowgirl...
Love this recipe. It's so versatile. I too did not have crab so I tried two different kinds. One with a smokey ham & swiss. The other with thawed frozen spinach, ricotta cheese, ham & sauteed onions. They were both very good. Love recipes like this. It also took longer to cook than 35 minutes. I would use 400 next time. Thanks for the awesome recipe.
- 1 pie crust, unbaked
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chesapeake Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 ounces lump crab or 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the crust, if using frozen, thaw completely on counter before filling.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat the eggs, stir in the shredded cheese, half-n-half, Old Bay seasoning, and shredded crab meat.
- Old Bay Seasoning contains both salt and pepper so you may not need to add additional salt or pepper. I don't.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Place on center oven rack for 35 minutes. Cover just the edges of crust with foil if they are browning too quickly.
- Check center of quiche, if jiggly, bake 10 more minutes or until center is done to your preference.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, serve hot with tomato slices or salad.