Recipe by agoodcookie
From Gourmet magazine September 2004. I used store bought pastry instead of making from scratch. The recipe is for the filling only.
Top Review by saffronmjones
This recipe was fantastic. I used gouda since we don't care for swiss and added onions sauted in butter instead of chives. It actually made enough to fill two pie shells. Everybody had seconds.
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1 frozen pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, herbs, salt, pepper and nutmeg, then stir in cheeses and crabmeat.
- Pour into crust and bake until filling puffs and is no longer wobbly in the center when quiche is gently shaken, 40-50 minutes.
- Cool in pie plate on rack for 15 minutes.
- *My quiche filling ran over a bit, so I suggest putting it on a sheet pan covered with foil to avoid dirtying your oven.