Recipe by Sue Lau
Quesadillas make a great snack as well as an easy lunch or supper! Kids just love them! This one can be easily made with shrimp, as well. :)
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat (imitation also works well)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups queso fresco, grated ("or" other white farmer's cheese)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 8-inch fat-free flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred crab meat; mix together with sour cream, lime juice, and green onions in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat griddle or small frying pan with a small amount of oil or cooking spray.
- Take a tortilla, place about 1/8 of crab mixture on it and spread evenly.
- Top with 1oz.
- (about 1/4 cup) cheese and sprinkle with some chopped cilantro.
- Place on hot griddle; when cheese starts to melt, fold in half.
- Allow to heat through and brown nicely, then remove from heat.
- Repeat with other tortillas.
- Quesadillas can be kept warm on a stoneware plate or baking dish in the oven on warm while you are busy with the others.
- Serve topped with a dallop of sour cream or guacamole, and wedges of lime, if you wish.