- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno pepper cheese or 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 green onions, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cream cheese and shredded cheese in a medium bowl. Fold in the crabmeat and cilantro.
- Brush 1 side of each tortilla with the softened butter or oil. Spread crab mixture on half of the other side and fold other side over. Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Cook briefly on the grill on each side, until cheese is melted. Or, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook quesadillas about 2 minutes per side, until golden. Cut into quarters and serve.