Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
you can prepare these ahead and freeze just remove from freezer without defrosting and bake until crisp, great to have handy in your freezer for unexpected guests
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- in a medium bowl combine crab, cheese, onions, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard; mix well.
- In a large saucepan combine butter and salt; bring to a boil then remove from heat, and add flour, beating until mixture forms a ball.
- Add in eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Blend in crab mixture, mix well.
- Drop by small teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet (at this point, puffs can be frozen on baking sheet).
- Bake 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F, and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Note: unbaked puffs can be frozen on a baking sheet, and transfered to plastic freezer bags; bake WITHOUT defrosting at 375 until crisp.
This is a great recipe .. they did not puff up as much as I expected, so I think I will add some baking poweder next time .. my husband loved these and asked for them again .. thanks for a great recipe!
I agree on more of a cookie less of a puff. The first batch I followed the time and they were too done but after that they were edible but not very exciting.
My husband ate one and then made himself a frozen pizza. They were a bit like a crab and onion cookie.