Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 lb cooked lump crabmeat or 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat
- 40 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sweet and sour sauce
- Make the filling: in a bowl, combine the cream cheese, green onions, mint, ginger, oyster sauce, sesame oil, and pepper; mix well.
- Stir in the crabmeat.
- To make each puff, place a rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Brush the edges of the wrapper with water, fold the wrapper over the filling to form a triangle, and press the edges to seal.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a 2-quart saucepan; heat to 350° on a deep-frying thermometer.
- Working in batches, add the puffs; deep-fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with sweet and sour sauce for dipping.