Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Terrific looking and great tasting! This dip is an unusual conconction of simple ingredients that makes an appetizing dip for your next party or family get-together. It can be prepared ahead and stored in the refrigerator, just be sure to take it out a little in advance to allow the cream cheese to soften a bit.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 10 ounces hot dog chili sauce
- 6 1⁄2 ounces of white crabmeat (drained)
- Worcestershire sauce
- parsley flakes
- Mix softened cream cheese with dash of Worcestershire Sauce until color approximately matches the color of pizza dough.
- Spread mixture in 8" pie dish to form the pizza crust.
- Top the "crust" with hot dog chili sauce (about 1/2 the can) to make the pizza sauce.
- Next spread the crabmeat on top of the pizza sauce as the "cheese".
- Finally sprinkle lightly with parsley flakes to add a dash of color.
- Serve with crackers or corn chips.
I make this recipe but use cocktail sauce in place of the hot dog chili sauce. It never seems to last very long.