Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious starter served with hot brown toast or great for lunch with a salad, good in a sandwich - yummy way to stretch a crab.
- melt butter in a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Stir in the crab meat.
- heat gently stirring all together.
- beat the egg yolks, cream and sherry together and pour into the crab mixture.
- continue to cook and stir until it thickens.
- Keep the heat low.
- add the cheese until it melts and then take off the heat.
- season with Tabasco and lemon juice.
- allow to cool
- give the mix a final good stir and put into souffle dish or individual ramekin pots and chill for 6 hours or overnight.