Delicious starter served with hot brown toast or great for lunch with a salad, good in a sandwich - yummy way to stretch a crab.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt butter in a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- 2Stir in the crab meat.
- 3heat gently stirring all together.
- 4beat the egg yolks, cream and sherry together and pour into the crab mixture.
- 5continue to cook and stir until it thickens.
- 6Keep the heat low.
- 7add the cheese until it melts and then take off the heat.
- 8season with Tabasco and lemon juice.
- 9allow to cool
- 10give the mix a final good stir and put into souffle dish or individual ramekin pots and chill for 6 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab Pate
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.5
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 373.7 mg
- Sodium 1045.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: