Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Saw this recipe on Taste of Home and had to try it. Their recipe called for a creamy Italian Salad Dressing and I used a Lite version, and called for 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, which was the only thing I did not have on hand, so I left it out. This salad is so quick and easy and is perfect for a hot summer day. So quick and easy, perfect for a Hot Summer Day! It is sure to be a family favorite and the summer has just begun!
- 2 cups medium pasta shells
- 1 1⁄2 cups imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing, Lite
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in refrigerator to cool.
- When pasta is cool, stir in crab, green pepper, tomatoes and onions.
- For dressing, combining dressing ingredients; pour over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- When serving if salad seems a tad dry add a little more Italian Salad Dressing.
- Sliver Parmesan Cheese over the top and serve with warm Italian Bread and more salad dressing for dipping.
Just saw this today, and went out to get the ingredients. I used chopped Roma tomates, did add the broccoli (nice), and used my own Italian salad dressing. Also used chopped red onion rather than the scallions. Lovely salad, thanks so much,,,,will be making again.
Made this for DH, his dad and me for lunch the other day...delicious. I did add some pea pods (that I blanched real quick) but otherwise followed the instructions. Served with some crackers and what an easy dish. Thank you for posting. Made for My 3 Chefs June 2012 tag game.