Recipe by enestvmel
This is one we've made in our family for a while. Have no idea where it came from. It gets eaten up every time. It is great for being very versatile. If you don't have an ingredient or two, you still may be able to make it. It's like a lot of other crab pasta salads, except that it has french dressing in it. My amounts are kind of guesstimated, because I just throw it together. If I don't use pickles, I add a little bit of dry dill. Best to use a chewy pasta like rotini or bow ties.
- 16 ounces pasta, cooked
- 2 (8 ounce) packages imitation crabmeat, diced
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup French dressing or 1⁄4 cup western salad dressing
- half an onion, diced small
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, diced fine (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: This pasta is best made at least a half a day ahead of time.
- Cook pasta and cool. While pasta is cooking, cut crab. Cut onion and pickles and add to large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix. Then you can transfer to a bowl you can put in the refrigerator.