Recipe by Lorri Nichols
Crab Salad Louis, a San Francisco classic, makes an elegant first course or luncheon entree. Use frozen lump crab meat for the fanciest presentation or canned flaked crab meat for a more economical version. If you have leftovers, mix them all together, and keep in the frige. the next day, after all the flavors combine and mingle, it is fabulous, but not as attractive. This is a great summer dish!
- 1 cup fusilli (pasta, 4 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (or mayo if u prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika (good spicey paprika if u can)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 4 -6 large lettuce leaves
- 1 cup frozen crabmeat, thawed (6ozs)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fusilli according to package directions; drain well.
- (Rinse with cool water to stop cooking and to cool quickly; drain well) Chill completely.
- Combine miricle whip, heavy cream, lemon juice, paprika, worcestershire sauce, green onions, salt and pepper in small bowl until blended; set aside.
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- Toss chilled Fusilli and chunks of crab meat; arrange over lettuce leaves.
- Pour reserved dressing over platter of Fusilli and crab meat.
- Garnish with slices of egg and lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately.