Recipe by Dawn
This is a very elegant tasting soup. I figured an elegant tasting crab bisque would be hard to make, but the bonuses of this recipe is it tastes gourmet and is easy to make.
- 4 ounces bow tie pasta or 4 ounces small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 ounces crabmeat or 6 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb portabella mushroom, chopped
- 2 (1 ounce) packages newburg sauce
- 3 cups milk
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Pasta according to package directions.
- Remove shell pieces from crab meat or chop up imitation crab meat.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan and saute mushrooms until tender.
- Add Newburg sauce mix and stir well with a wire whisk.
- Add milk, water, and chicken bouillon and continue to stir well with a wisk until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5-8 minutes, stirrring constantly.
- Add green onions, pasta and crab, stir to combine and heat through.
- Spoon into serving bowls, may garnish with green onions if desired.