Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Heavenly seasoned with creamy, sweet, roasted garlic. Don't skimp on the garlic. The bulb will mellow and sweeten after it is roasted. This can be made with crab,shrimp or both. Made for RSC #14 but could submit only 3.
- 453.59 g large button mushrooms, stems removed wiped of any dirt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 78.07 ml diced onion
- 59.14 ml diced celery
- 170.09 g crabmeat, drained and rinsed or 170.09 g small shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 bulb roasted garlic (one tablespoon mashed)
- 2.46 ml lemon zest
- 1.23 ml dried thyme leaves
- 1.23 ml smoked paprika (hot or sweet)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 29.58 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 85.04 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Saute until softens, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese to soften.
- Place in a medium bowl; mix in shrimp and or crab meat, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, paprika, and panko. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange mushrooms, rounded side down, on oiled baking sheet. Generously mound filling in mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake mushrooms until tender about 20 minutes. Serve hot.