Heavenly seasoned with creamy, sweet, roasted garlic. Don't skimp on the garlic. The bulb will mellow and sweeten after it is roasted. This can be made with crab,shrimp or both. Made for RSC #14 but could submit only 3.
- 16 ounces large button mushrooms, stems removed wiped of any dirt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 6 ounces crabmeat, drained and rinsed or 6 ounces small shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 bulb roasted garlic (one tablespoon mashed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika (hot or sweet)
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Saute until softens, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese to soften.
- Place in a medium bowl; mix in shrimp and or crab meat, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, paprika, and panko. Season filling to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange mushrooms, rounded side down, on oiled baking sheet. Generously mound filling in mushrooms.
- Sprinkle cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Bake mushrooms until tender about 20 minutes. Serve hot.