Recipe by LAURIE
The original recipe calls for crab, I however am not a lover or crab so I sub chicken and its just as good. Another quick to go salad thats great as a light meal. From Big Book of Family Dinners.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing
- 1 green onion, sliced about 2 TBS
- 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb lump crabmeat (or 8 oz pkg flake-style imitation crabmeat or 1 cup chopped cooked chicken-I personnally love it wit)
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halves
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1⁄4 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together strawberries and oranges and chill.
- In medium mixing bowl, stir together mayonnaise, onion, juice, ginger and pepper.
- Gently stir in the crabmeat (or chicken).
- Cover and chill in the freezer about 10 minutes until very cold.
- Toss together the greens, and fruit.
- Arrange on 4 salad serving plates.
- Divide the crab(or chicken) mixture among the salad.
- Sprinkle with pecans.