Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple, delicious, cheesy, freezes well. Can be served as an appetizer or for a luncheon, depending how you slice it. Be sure to take a copy of the recipe along, cause everyone will want a copy -- no kidding!
- 6 English muffins
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (5 ounce) jar old English cheese (by Kraft)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (or crab seasoning of choice)
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Add Old English cheese until all is melted.
- Remove from heat, add mayonnaise, parsley and Old Bay.
- Gently fold in crab meat.
- Cut muffins in half.
- LIGHTLY toast muffins (just until they start to toast).
- Cut the muffins into 1/4ths, for appetizers.
- Spread the crab/cheese mixture onto each 1/4th.
- You may freeze at this point.
- To cook, bake at 350°, for 20 minutes, till bubbly.
- For luncheon, spread the mixture on the muffin half and cook as directed.
I have been looking for a recipe for this for some time. This was exactly the one I was looking for. Not fussy, quick to make. Although, as a personal preferences, I used about half of the butter called for, and it was not missed at all. Tasted just fine, and made me feel a little better about eating it!
Delicious, and just make sure you freeze this first, as I did it one year without freezing it first, and I hated it.
delicious!- my sister made these, they disappeared as fast as she made them!- she couldn't remember exactly what was in them- I checked food.com and here is the exact recipe she had- great tip to cup them into 4ths- she hadn't done that and the went fast-
thanks for sharing this delicious recipe.