Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
It seems that I often have crabmeat left over after making crab cakes or other crab dishes. This is a great way to use it up the following morning. This recipe can be halved.
- Mix the flaked crabmeat with the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with the water and salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet and when the froth subsides, pour in the eggs.
- Place the crab and cheese on top of the eggs just when the eggs are beginning to set.
- Pour on the cream while the eggs are still liquid and transfer under a hot broiler for a few minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Do not fold, but slide on to a hot plate and serve immediately.
This is quite good. I tried it with left-over sole and I put in a little chopped shrimp just for good measure. I think this recipe lends itself well to just about any mild-flavoured fish or shellfish.
Miller, this was lovely and the flavor excellent-I hate it when seafood takes over the whole dish, this was perfect! This was also an easy recipe to make, and visually appealing. I/we will be making this again, and thanks for posting, Di
Simple and delicious. Made the recipe for one by using 1/3 of the ingredients.