Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
This came out of a need to use some extra imitation crab that I had. I think it would be equally good with shrimp or real crab meat.
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsfrozen stir fry vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, sugar snaps, peppers and onions)
- 1 lb imitation crabmeat (chunks)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages ramen noodles (shrimp flavor)
- 3 cups water (boiling)
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki marinade
- In LARGE non-stick pan, cook veggies on medium heat covered for about 3 minutes.
- Mix 1 packet of seasoning with water.
- Add water, ramen and crab to veggies and stir continuously until noodles are soft and most of water is absorbed.
- Pour over marinade. Heat through and serve.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is very quick to put together! I halved the recipe and it made enough for my family of three. I used an asparagus stir fry mix. I felt this was very salty with the teriyaki marinade and flavor pouch from the ramen. As MsPia suggested, I would also add some hot chilies to the noodle bowl next time.
The only thing that I changed on this recipe was that I used fresh vegetables instead of frozen. My DD liked it very much; for me it was to sweet. If I make it again for myself I would probably used shrimp instead of imitation crab, as MsSally suggested, low sodium soy sauce in place of the teriyaki marinade and would add some garlic and chillies. If I make it again for my DD I wouldn't change a thing. Thank you MsSally