Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked
- Place butter in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Microwave on high (100%) until melted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in next four ingredients.
- Blend in half and half, milk and sherry.
- Microwave on medium-high (70%) until thickened, 4 to 7 minutes, stirring with wire whisk two or three time during cooking.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return to mixture.
- Microwave at medium-high (70%) until thickened, 1 to 3 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in crab meat.
- Serve over toast points or patty shells, if desired.
What a wonderful recipe!! I made this for our Valentine dinner and used 1 1/2 c of ff half & half and instead of crab I broiled sea scallops and shrimp which I chopped. I served it in puff pastry and had it with beef tenderloin medallions, asparagus, brown rice and tomato slices. What a wonderful presentation! I almost licked the plate clean. The sauce is to die for. Thanks for the recipe!!
My husband liked this but I found it to be lacking something that I can't put my finger on. I will try this again but maybe with a mixture of seafood. That maybe what it is lacking some more texture.
Thank you so much Barefoot Beachcomber for sharing your lovely recipe. My family and I enjoyed it very much. The instructions were well written and easy to follow. The sauce was beautiful; thick, smooth, silky and velvety, light not heavy. I served it over angelhair pasta and jumbo shrimp. Yummy