Recipe by AmandaInOz
From Chef Ben of Cooking with the Single Guy.
Top Review by Cookin'Diva
I used a can of extra-large lump crabmeat because we don't have great Dungeness here in Ohio. I'm sure this dish would be more flavorful with FRESH crab. I did have some problems with the cream seizing up when boiling it, so be careful when adding the cream.
- 1 cooked dungeness crab (remove meat from shell)
- 473.18 ml fresh mushrooms
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach
- 453.59 g fettuccine
- 236.59 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 236.59 ml heavy cream
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pot of water and cook fettuccine in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over high flame and add garlic. Then add chopped mushrooms to sweat out the moisture. (Add a pinch of salt to assist in the sweating.)
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, then simmer with cover over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add crab meat, spinach and lemon zest and cook until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then toss in pasta with some of the pasta water and mix in parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.