Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Chef Ben of Cooking with the Single Guy.
- 1 cooked dungeness crab (remove meat from shell)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- Boil pot of water and cook fettuccine in salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil over high flame and add garlic. Then add chopped mushrooms to sweat out the moisture. (Add a pinch of salt to assist in the sweating.)
- Add heavy cream and bring to a boil, then simmer with cover over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add crab meat, spinach and lemon zest and cook until spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Then toss in pasta with some of the pasta water and mix in parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
I used a can of extra-large lump crabmeat because we don't have great Dungeness here in Ohio. I'm sure this dish would be more flavorful with FRESH crab. I did have some problems with the cream seizing up when boiling it, so be careful when adding the cream.
Wonderful! This recipe is so rich, and delicious!I could not get Dungeness crab, so I used King crab meat. It was awesome! Thanks so much for sharing this one Amanda!