Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe is from Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Appetizer magazine. If preferred, you may substitute smoked salmon in place of the crab. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked crab meat, flaked (can sub imitation crab meat)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 medium cucumbers (each approx. 8 inches long or use English cucumber)
- Remove 2 tablespoons crab meat for garnish, if desired. Place the remaining crab, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, shallots, horseradish, cayenne pepper and salt (if using salt) in a food processor bowl; cover and process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl. Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Using a zester or vegetable peeler, peel the cucumbers, leaving some strips of skin. Cut into 3/4 inch thick slices (or halve 2 cucumbers lengthwise and slice 3/4 inch thick). With a melon baller, scoop out the center of each slice to create a cup. Pipe mousse into cucumber cups. Garnish each with reserved crab meat, if desired. Cover and chill up to 2 hours before serving.